After finishing our first annual Putting School, I thought I would just give a recap and the feedback that we got from our participants. First of all I want to thank my coaching partner, Nancy Harvey for being such an outstanding counterpart. Nancy is such a great coach and I have so much fun doing schools with her. It was great to have so much time to cover all that we wanted to share and take our time so the students could digest it, experience the changes and put them together at the end with a little competition or some performance practice. It was extremely warm as the temps rose into the high 90′s with high humidity so to keep the student’s attention was a testament to how effective the info was. I look forward to doing the next one in a little less extreme heat for sure. The feedback was excellent and I have already received some great ways to improve the school and some very generous testimonials that I will share with you when I get them all together. During our 4 hours we discussed and implemented the following:
- The putting improvement cycle : aim, clubface control, putter path, solid contact and distance control
- How to achieve the correct putting grip and posture which drives the fundamentals
- The importance of putter fitting and how an ill fit putter affects the ability to repeat the stroke. Special thanks to Coutour Golf. Check out www.coutourgolf.com
- Pre – putt routine and how “linear and non-linear” putters should approach the ball
- Aimpoint green reading basics
- Various drills for short and long putts and how to develop a practice plan to implement them
We videoed the students before and then after to show change in set-up and stroke. They will receive the analysis with voice over through email for their v1 locker for future reference.
Nancy and I are already planning the next putting school and we have discussed how to make it even better. Look for the dates coming in a few weeks and plan on attending if you want to improve your putting and lower your scores. Thanks again for the 6 wonderful students that endured the heat, left a better putter and for all your excellent feedback after the school on how to improve it.
For more information about our school and other programs; check out our website @www.danarader.com or call 704-542-7635 to schedule a lesson.
******Make it a goal to take a putting lesson this year and get fit for a putter. You will thank me after but your golfing buddies wont!
Please share this blog to anyone that might want more info on putting or golf in general by choosing one of the social media buttons below
See you on the lesson tee,